Our volunteers are the heart of Expedition Global. You come from all backgrounds and we connect you with communities around the world to fight human trafficking. You will teach self-reliance skills and provide humanitarian service in schools, villages, and human trafficking aftercare centers around the world.
We provide you with a custom-made humanitarian adventure tailored to your unique and valuable background.
Expedition Global educates communities to safeguard current and future generations from the world’s fastest growing crime: human trafficking. The numbers are staggering but knowing the facts about how human trafficking preys on individuals helps to spread awareness.
- Getting an education lessens the likelihood a child will be trafficked by 83%
- Lack of educational and economic opportunities push victims into forced labor and sex trafficking
- Over half of human trafficking victims are under age 17
- The average age of a victim when they are first trafficked is between 12 and 14
- Family members are involved in nearly 50% of child trafficking cases
- Between 33% and 90% of human trafficking victims have experienced “childhood sexual abuse, chronic maltreatment and neglect, and otherwise unstable home environments”
- 88% of human trafficking victims seek medical attention during captivity; 68% of these in an emergency department